Jain Temple, California
722 South Main Street Milpitas, CA 95035
The Jain Bhawan of Milpitas provides numerous benefits to the San Francisco Bay Area community for religious, cultural and social activities. It addresses the needs of the present and future generations by providing a forum where they can interact, have discourse on the Jain religion, network and socialize with their peers and discuss their heritage. It accommodates the interests of senior citizens to enable them to carry on their traditions. Thus, the Jain Bhawan is a Center for all groups, for all Jains.
Religious Activities : Jain Bhawan provides a very spacious temple and Bhakti Room on the second floor of the building. The two sections together have a floor area of approximately 6,000 square feet. The key benefits of Jain Bhawan’s religious area are as follows:
1) Increased number of discourses, meditation and sermons with visiting monks and scholars.
2) Special Pujas on auspicious and personal family occasions with a priest to assist in all rituals.
3) Equal rights to all recognized Jain sects – Shwetambar, Digambar, Sthanakwasi, and Terapanthi; and Srimad Rajchandraji’s followers.
4) Facilities for all Jains to conduct their worship in their preferred way.
5) Display of Pratimas, pictures Chitrapats etc. of Jain Tirthankaras, Devi / Devtas, Ganadhars, Srimad Rajchandra Ji, Brahamchariji and Prabhushreeji, as specified in JCNC Operating Policies / Guidelines.
6) Space reservation for Pujas and worship and Bhakti ceremonies will be on first-come-first-serve basis. JCNC sponsored activities will always have priority over other space requirements.
Social-Cultural-Educational Activities : Jain Bhawan community section is on the first floor of the building covering approximately 18,000 square feet of floor area. It provides a large auditorium, a spacious kitchen and a large dining hall. Some of the activities for which Jain Bhawan’s community area is being utilized are:
1) Regularly scheduled seminars and lectures.
2) Education classes and Swaddhyayas for all age groups
3) Meditation and Yoga classes.
4) Senior citizen services.
5) Activities for the next generations (BAJA and YJA) – seminars, camps, social meetings, cultural events etc.
6) Health care and medical services.
Additional details for this page requested from Readers
Page Sponsorship also welcome from Readers.
Contact for details in this regard
Mail to : Ahimsa Foundation